We believe that Christian children need to be empowered to respond to God’s grace in their lives through acts of loving kindness and an opportunity to grow as disciples of Jesus among their peers. Each of our classes offers age-appropriate, hands-on faith formation led by our wonderful faith formation leaders. These classes include opportunities for prayer, Scripture study, dialogue about how to be disciples at any age, and mission projects such as writing letters to our home bound members or putting together kits for UMCOR.
We offer religious education for elementary/early middle school age groups on Sunday mornings from 10am-11am from September to June. During the summer we offer inter-generational family opportunities during the 10am hour. We also host annual special events for children and families including the Fall Festival, Advent Assembly, Easter Egg Hunt/Party and summertime Vacation Bible Camp.
SUNDAY MORNING CLASSES - September to June
Our hope and goal is that as children and youth move through our Sunday school classes they will develop the following knolwedge and skills:
- Come to recognize and articulate the presence of God in their lives
- Develop a prayer life and personal relationship with the Triune God (Creator, Savior, Sustainer)
- Grow in understanding of their role in corporate worship and the life of the church family
- Grow in understanding of their role in building the kingdom of God through acts of loving kindness
- Have a basic understanding of how to use a Bible and a familiarity with the stories therein
- Grow in their United Methodist identity through familiarity with our history, heritage and notable figures
Children Under Two
Childcare is provided during worship times and during the 10 o’clock hours so other family members can attend the 10am offerings. Child care is offered all year. Infants and toddlers are welcome to stay in the nursery with our loving caregivers during these times or join family in worship time.
Our childcare workers are paid employees of the church. Each childcare worker has received a background check, safe sanctuaries training, and is CPR/First Aid certified. If you would like a copy of our childcare policies please contact Angelina Goldwell (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Grades 7 & Above
Please see the youth ministries page for more information about junior and senior high classes.
Children's Ministries Volunteers
If you would like to learn more volunteering with Sunday school please contact Angelina Goldwell (email@example.com). All volunteers must complete a Background Check Permission Form, succesffully pass a background check and attend a Safe Sanctuaries training before they can volunteer in the classroom. Please click for a complete copy of our Safe Sanctuaries Policy.