Our church is proud to offer a variety of classes and small groups for adults who attend our church. Our adult members are empowered to start something new when they have an idea or see a need to be filled. Our adult faith formation opportunities are supported by program staff and by our Discipleship Ministries Team.
If you would like to teach a class or start a small group at First Olympia, here is a way to get started:
- Read the Teacher Facilitator Expectations document.
- Ask yourself questions such as:
- What demographic group am I targeting with my class or group (ex: young adults, families with small children, senior citizens, women, etc).
- When do I want my group/class to meet (day of the week, time, etc)?
- How long do I want my group or class to meet (ongoing or limited time)?
- How do I want this new offering to be advertised at church?
- Do I want to include other people in leadership of this group/class?
- Do I have my own ideas or do I need curriculum purchased by the church?
- Do I think childcare will be needed for my class/group participants?
- How is my idea for a class/group filling a need in the church community?
- How is my class/group making disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the would?
- Contact the Director of Religious Education (firstname.lastname@example.org / 943-2661 ext 108
- Consult the church calendar. Complete the blue form to book a room. Complete the green form for advertising. Click here to download a PDF of the forms. Turn in the completed forms to the church office.
- Let Discipleshipship Ministries Team know how it’s going and how we can provide support
- Use the evaluation sheet as a tool for growth
One of the ways the Discipleship Ministries Team supports current teacher/facilitators and participants is through the use of evaluations.
If you have a limited-time class/small group (has a finite end date)
- Distribute the evaluation sheet at the end of the last class
- Have your participants complete it and return it to you
- Review the evaluations for your knowledge
- Submit the evaluations to the church office
- The Discipleship Ministries Team will review your evaluations
- The Discipleship Ministries Team will follow up with you and provide support as needed
If you have an ongoing class or small group (does not have a finite end date)
- Distribute the evaluation sheets quarterly (every 3 months)
- Follow steps 2-6 above
Please do not hesitate to contact the Discipleship Ministries Team as needed. The team is here to support teachers/facilitators and participants through mentoring, brainstorming, logistics, etc. Contact Angelina Goldwell or reach out to a DMT member.