The Legislative Academy is a weekly opportunity held every other year in January to help the church and the larger Olympia community make connections between faithful living and the legislation that is being made here in Olympia, just a few blocks from the church. In our Great Hall you are invited to hear a variety of speakers provide information on a series of current issues.
Below you will find the audio recordings from each of the Legislative Academy sessions in 2017. Our next Legislative Academy will be in January 2019.
2017 Audio Recordings
- February 5, Black Alliance of Thurston County, Dr. Karen Johnson, On Use of Deadly Force Legislation Audio
- February 12, Washington CAN, Immigration / Refugees Audio
- February 19, Office of the Insurance Commissioner, Healthcare Audio
- February 26, Faith Action Network, Housing and Homelessness Audio (Slides)
- March 5, National Alliance on Mental Illness, Mental Illness Audio (Slides)
- March 12, Course Reflection and Review Audio
- March 19, Legislative IT: Bill tracking and accommodation for Lt Gov. Habib
- March 26, Washington Education Association, Education
- April 2, Washington Budget and Policy Center, State Budget
(Thank you to Sam Gray for the audio recording and editing for the Legislative Academy 2017.)