The Legislative Academy is a weekly opportunity to get connected into what is happening in your local community and your local government. On Sundays from 10:00-11:00 a.m. in our Great Hall you are invited to hear a speaker provide information on what is happening in our local legislature with regards to a particular area of focus.
Below you will find the audio recordings from each of the Legislative Academy sessions. The recordings will be added within the week that they occur.
- February 5, Black Alliance of Thurston County, Dr. Karen Johnson, On Use of Deadly Force Legislation Audio
- February 12, Washington CAN, Immigration / Refugees Audio
- February 19, Office of the Insurance Commissioner, Healthcare Audio
- February 26, Faith Action Network, Housing and Homelessness Audio (Slides)
- March 5, National Alliance on Mental Illness, Mental Illness Audio (Slides)
- March 12, Course Reflection and Review Audio
- March 19, Legislative IT: Bill tracking and accommodation for Lt Gov. Habib
- March 26, Washington Education Association, Education
- April 2, Washington Budget and Policy Center, State Budget
- April 9, Equal Rights WA, LGBTQ+ Equality
Thank you to Sam Gray for the audio recording and editing for the Legislative Academy 2017.